Images and videos
Community-acquired pneumonia (non Covid-19)
Posterior-anterior chest radiograph showing right upper lobe consolidation in a patient with community-acquired pneumonia
Durrington HJ, et al. Recent changes in the management of community acquired pneumonia in adults. BMJ 2008 Jun 21;336(7658):1429-33.
See this image in context in the following section/s:
- Early inspiratory crackles
Auscultation sounds: Early inspiratory crackles
- Venepuncture and phlebotomy: animated demonstration
How to take a venous blood sample from the antecubital fossa using a vacuum needle.
- Pleural rub
Auscultation sounds: Pleural rub
- Bag-valve-mask ventilation: animated demonstration
How to use bag-valve-mask apparatus to deliver ventilatory support to adults. Video demonstrates the two-person technique.
- Tracheal intubation: animated demonstration
How to insert a tracheal tube in an adult using a laryngoscope.
- Central venous catheter insertion: animated demonstration
Ultrasound-guided insertion of a non-tunnelled central venous catheter (CVC) into the right internal jugular vein using the Seldinger insertion technique.
- Peripheral venous cannulation: animated demonstration
How to insert a peripheral venous cannula into the dorsum of the hand.
Use of this content is subject to our disclaimer