BMJ Best Practice is a generalist point of care tool that is uniquely structured around the patient consultation with advice on symptom evaluation, test ordering and treatment approach.
We have over 1,000 topics that can be integrated with your Electronic Health Record system to give healthcare professionals easy access to the latest clinical information within the patient workflow - helping to improve outcomes.
We support all levels of integration including:
• Search widget - this allows users to search BMJ Best Practice topics and clinical information directly from the EHR system. This gives fast access to our trusted information from within the clinical workflow
• HL7 infobutton - this provides links to specific BMJ Best Practice topic pages from patients’ problems list in the Electronic Patient Record (EPR).
The HL7 Infobutton is supported by major EHR vendors such as Epic, Cerner, and Allscripts; providing a straightforward option with no further EHR development work
• Custom integration - provides complete flexibility in how our clinical information is displayed within your EHR system.
Collaborating with SMART to improve future EHR integration
At BMJ, we are actively involved in developing the future of decision support EHR integration by collaborating with key initiatives such as the SMART Health IT platform and SMART on FHIR.
Straight to the point of care
BMJ Best Practice features include:
• A modern, fresh user interface and navigation
• Improved differential diagnosis tables and treatment algorithms
• Videos of the most common clinical procedures
• Enhanced page designs with quick links to increase speed to answer
• More than 250 integrated medical calculators
• Patient discussions and nearly 500 patient leaflets
• The latest evidence from Cochrane Clinical Answers
• Plus an award-winning app that can be used offline, ensuring that you always have the information you need, when you need it.
If you are looking to integrate BMJ Best Practice into your EHR system, please email our Product Manager, Elin to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org