Hölmich P. Adductor-related groin pain in athletes. Sports Med Arthrosc. 1997;5:285-291.
Hölmich P, Uhrskou P, Ulnits L, et al. Effectiveness of active physical training as treatment for long-standing adductor-related groin pain in athletes: randomized trial. Lancet. 1999;353:439-443. Abstract
Thorborg K, Hölmich P, Christensen R, et al. The Copenhagen Hip and Groin Outcome Score (HAGOS): development and validation according to the COSMIN checklist. Br J Sports Med. 2011;45:478-491. Abstract
1. Weir A, Brukner P, Delahunt E, et al. Doha agreement meeting on terminology and definitions in groin pain in athletes. Br J Sports Med. 2015;49:768-774.Full text
2. Karlsson J, Sward L, Kalebo P, et al. Chronic groin injuries in athletes: recommendations for treatment and rehabilitation. Sports Med. 1994;17:141-148. Abstract
3. Renstrom P, Peterson L. Groin injuries in athletes. Br J Sports Med. 1980;14:30-36. Abstract
4. Hölmich P. Adductor-related groin pain in athletes. Sports Med Arthrosc. 1997;5:285-291.
5. Robertson BA, Barker PJ, Fahrer M, et al. The anatomy of the pubic region revisited: implications for the pathogenesis and clinical management of chronic groin pain in athletes. Sports Med. 2009;39:225-234. Abstract
6. Werner J1, Hägglund M, Waldén M, et al. UEFA injury study: a prospective study of hip and groin injuries in professional football over seven consecutive seasons. Br J Sports Med. 2009;43:1036-1040. Abstract
7. Hölmich P1, Thorborg K, Dehlendorff C, et al. Incidence and clinical presentation of groin injuries in sub-elite male soccer. Br J Sports Med. Br J Sports Med. 2014;48:1245-1250. Abstract
8. Branci S, Thorborg K, Bech BH, et al. MRI findings in soccer players with long-standing adductor-related groin pain and asymptomatic controls. Br J Sports Med. 2015;49:681-691. Abstract
9. Hölmich P, Maffey L, Emery C. Preventing groin injuries. In: Bahr ED, Engebretsen L, eds. Sports injury prevention (Olympic handbook of sports medicine). Lausanne, Switzerland: IOC Medical Commission; 2009:81-117.
10. Bensel CK, Kish RN. Lower extremity disorders among men and women in Army basic training and effects of two types of boots. (Technical report Natick TR-83/026). Natick, MA: US Army Natick Research and Development Laboratories; 1983.
11. Brudvig TJ, Gudger TD, Obermeyer L. Stress fractures in 295 trainees: a one year study of incidence as related to age, sex, and race. Mil Med. 1983;148:666-667. Abstract
12. Hershman E, Mailly T. Stress fractures. Clin Sports Med. 1990;9:183-214. Abstract
13. Tyler TF, Nicholas SJ, Campbell RJ, et al. The association of hip strength and flexibility with the incidence of adductor muscle strains in professional ice hockey players. Am J Sports Med. 2001 Mar-Apr;29(2):124-8. Abstract
14. Leunig M, Beck M, Dora C, et al. Femoroacetabular impingement: trigger for the development of coxarthrosis [in German]. Orthopäde. 2006;35:77-84. Abstract
15. Hölmich P, Hölmich LR, Bjerg AM. Clinical examination of athletes with groin pain: an intraobserver and interobserver reliability study. Br J Sports Med. 2004;38:446-451.Full text
16. McCarthy JC, Noble PC, Schuck MR. Acetabular and labral pathology. In: Early McCarthy JC (ed). Hip disorders: advances in detection and minimally invasive treatment. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag; 2003:113-134.
17. Czerny C, Hofmann S, Urban M, et al. Lesions of the acetabular labrum: accuracy of MR imaging and MR arthrography in detection and staging. Radiology. 1996;200:225-230. Abstract
18. Trendelenburg F. Trendelenburg's test: Friedrich Trendelenburg, 1844-1924. In: Rang M, ed. Anthology of orthopaedics. Edinburgh: E&S Livingstone Ltd; 1966:139-143.
19. Keeney JA, Peelle MW, Jackson J, et al. Magnetic resonance arthrography versus arthroscopy in evaluation of articular hip pathology. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2004;429:163-169. Abstract
20. Bas S, Perneger TV, Seitz M, et al. Diagnostic tests for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies, anti-keratin antibodies and IgM rheumatoid factors. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2002;41:809-814.Full text
21. Huang AB, Schweitzer ME, Hume E, et al. Osteomyelitis of the pelvis/hips in paralyzed patients: accuracy and clinical utility of MRI. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1998;22:437-443. Abstract
22. Hölmich P, Uhrskou P, Ulnits L, et al. Effectiveness of active physical training as treatment for long-standing adductor-related groin pain in athletes: randomized trial. Lancet. 1999;353:439-443. Abstract
23. Schilders E, Dimitrakopoulou A, Cooke M, et al. Effectiveness of a selective partial adductor release for chronic adductor-related groin pain in professional athletes. Am J Sports Med. 2013;41:603-607. Abstract
24. Westlin N. Groin pain in athletes from Southern Sweden. Sports Med Arthrosc. 1997;5:280-284.
25. Banerjee P, McLean CR. Femoroacetabular impingement: a review of diagnosis and management. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2011;4:23-32.Full text
26. Pihlajamaki HK, Ruohola JP, Kiuru MJ, et al. Displaced femoral neck fatigue fractures in military recruits. J Bone Joint Surg. 2006;88:1989-1997. Abstract
27. Lee CH, Huang GS, Chao KH, et al. Surgical treatment of displaced stress fracture of the femoral neck in military recruits: a report of 42 cases. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2003;123:527-533. Abstract
28. Akermark C, Johansson C. Tenotomy of the adductor longus tendon in the treatment of chronic groin pain in athletes. Am J Sports Med. 1992;20:640-643. Abstract
29. Hölmich P, Nyvold P, Larsen K. Continued significant effect of physical training as treatment for overuse injury: 8- to 12-year outcome of a randomized clinical trial. Am J Sports Med. 2011;39:2447-2451. Abstract
30. Thorborg K, Hölmich P, Christensen R, et al. The Copenhagen Hip and Groin Outcome Score (HAGOS): development and validation according to the COSMIN checklist. Br J Sports Med. 2011;45:478-491. Abstract