Pneumonia: questions to ask your doctor
Last published: Feb 05, 2021
If you've been diagnosed with pneumonia, you may want to ask your doctor some questions to find out more about your illness.
Here are some suggestions:
- Are there treatments that can help me feel better?
- Do I need to take antibiotics?
- Do I need to stay in hospital?
- Can my family and friends catch pneumonia from me?
- What should I be eating and drinking?
- When can I go out or go back to school or work?
- How long will my coughing last?
- How long will it be before I feel like my usual self?
- Should I have a chest x-ray to see if the pneumonia has gone away? If yes, when should I have this x-ray?
- How will I know if I am getting worse? If I do get worse, how will I know when to come back to see you or seek emergency treatment?
- Is there any particular reason why I got pneumonia? Is my immune system working properly?
- What can I do to keep from getting pneumonia again?
- Should I get the pneumonia and flu vaccines?
Использование этого контента попадает под действие нашего заявления об отказе от ответственности