High cholesterol: questions to ask your doctor
Last published: Sep 04, 2020
If you've been diagnosed with high cholesterol, you may want to talk to your doctor to find out more. Here are some questions that you might want to ask.
- Do I need to change my diet? If so, what should I eat? What should I avoid eating?
- Do I need to do anything else, such as exercising more?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- What's the best treatment for me?
- Do I need to take medicine?
- What are the side effects of treatment?
- By how much will treatment lower my cholesterol?
- Do I need to take vitamins or any other supplements?
- What will happen if I don’t have treatment?
- Do I need to have my cholesterol tested regularly?
- How likely am I to get heart disease? Besides high cholesterol, what are my other risk factors?
- What can I do about these risk factors?
Use of this content is subject to our disclaimer