Free access to BMJ Best Practice for BMA GP/GP trainee members in Northern Ireland
If you are a GP/GP trainee in Northern Ireland and a BMA member, you can get a free 12 month subscription to BMJ Best Practice; courtesy of the BMA.
With extensive coverage of the most commonly-occurring conditions, Best Practice can be relied on to answer your clinical questions.
BMJ Best Practice uses the latest evidence-based research, guidelines, and expert opinion to offer step-by-step guidance on diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and prevention.
- Access the very latest evidence and expert opinion, updated daily, and linked to international guidelines
- Access detailed drug information on dosing, availability, formulations, side effects, and contraindications with our integrated BNF/BNFc formularies
- Discuss treatment options with your patients - BMJ Best Practice has nearly 500 patient leaflets
- BMJ Best Practice includes automatic CME/CPD tracking to support revalidation and appraisals
- Whether you are in the clinic, at home, or on-call, Best Practice is available online via our website or offline via our award-winning app.
It is really simple to register and you will get immediate access. When asked for an 'access code' please just select 'continue'.
Do you work for the NHS in England, Scotland or Wales?
BMJ Best Practice is now being provided to all NHS healthcare professionals in these regions.
How to access BMJ Best Practice in your region via OpenAthens
- Visit bestpractice.bmj.com and click ‘Log In’ on the top right of the page
- Select the ‘Access through your institution’ button and sign in with your OpenAthens account credentials. You will then be taken back to BMJ Best Practice.
- Once you have logged in to BMJ Best Practice, you can create a free personal account - it's easy to do and only takes a minute to set up. Your personal account details will enable you to access BMJ Best Practice anywhere, download the award-winning app and track your CME/CPD activity.
Don’t have an OpenAthens account?
Eligible NHS healthcare professionals can create an OpenAthens account here:
If you need any support logging in, please visit support.bmj.com.