- Can be clinically categorised into uncomplicated/complicated, acute, or recurrent.
- Escherichia coli is the most common organism in uncomplicated infections.
- Costovertebral angle tenderness together with fever suggests pyelonephritis.
- Diagnosed using urine dipstick, microscopic urinalysis (bacteria, WBC, RBC), and urine culture.
- Antibiotic selection should be guided by local bacterial susceptibilities and guidelines, or based on known urine culture and sensitivity.
Otras enfermedades relacionadas
Actualizado por última vez: may 16, 2013