- Predominantly benign tumour of the meninges occurring at both cranial and spinal sites. They are occasionally atypical or malignant in nature.
- Produces symptoms from local mass effect due to compression of neural structures or may present with seizure.
- Diagnosis confirmed by the characteristic appearance on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with and without contrast enhancement.
- Asymptomatic lesions may be followed up with serial observation.
- Treatment of symptomatic meningioma is usually surgical resection, although, in some cases, local radiotherapy is used as primary treatment.
Letzte Aktualisierung am: Jun 06, 2012