- Painless jaundice, weight loss, and abdominal pain in patient >55 years old.
- Liver enzymes, blood levels of CA 19-9, CEA, CA-125; abdominal ultrasound, abdominal CT/MRI, MR angiography, and cholangiography (ERCP, MRCP, percutaneous transhepatic catheterisation) are used for evaluation.
- Surgical resection offers only potential cure.
- Chemotherapy has been shown to be relatively ineffective.
- Liver transplant is indicated in a small subset of patients.
Actualizado por última vez: oct 04, 2012