- Characterised by paroxysms of uncontrollable crying in an otherwise healthy and well-fed infant aged <5 months, the duration of crying lasting >3 hours per day and >3 days per week for at least 3 weeks.
- The crying typically starts in the first weeks of life and ends by 4 to 5 months of age.
- Food allergy may play an important role in the pathogenesis.
- The condition can be very stressful for the family.
- Managed by supportive counselling, reassurance, and dietary modifications (if indicated).
last updated:=최종 업데이트: 3월 25, 2013