- Characterised by BP differential between upper and lower extremities (upper >lower).
- Physical examination may show diminished, absent, or delayed lower extremity pulses compared with upper extremity pulses.
- Diagnosis is made by demonstration of aortic arch narrowing, typically by echocardiography.
- Treatment may be surgical repair or percutaneous balloon dilation or stent placement.
- Long-term complications include persistent hypertension or aneurysm formation at site of surgery or balloon.
最后更新于： 三月 11, 2013