- An involuntary, spontaneous loss of a pregnancy before 22 completed weeks. Occurs in up to one third of pregnancies.
- Described as threatened, inevitable, incomplete, complete, missed, or recurrent miscarriage.
- Presence of pain, hypotension, tachycardia, and anaemia warrants exclusion of a life-threatening differential diagnosis such as ectopic pregnancy.
- Serial serum beta hCG titres and a trans-vaginal ultrasound scan aid in diagnosis.
- Medical or surgical uterine evacuation is recommended when the pregnancy is no longer viable. The patient may also be offered a choice of conservative management unless there is profuse, heavy, and persistent bleeding.
最終更新日: 11 12, 2012