- Presentation may be acute or insidious, with substantial fatigue and weakness associated with mucocutaneous hyperpigmentation, hypotension and/or postural hypotension, and salt craving.
- ACTH stimulation test is performed to confirm or exclude the diagnosis of Addison's disease.
- All patients receive mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid replacement for life, and are instructed to increase the dose of glucocorticoid during surgery and during any stressful or infectious conditions.
- Treatment complications arise from over-replacement of mineralocorticoid and/or glucocorticoid.
Otras enfermedades relacionadas
- Overview of acid-base and electrolyte disorders
- Type 1 diabetes
- HIV-related opportunistic infections
- Overview of thyroid dysfunction
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Antiphospholipid syndrome
- Meningococcal disease
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Coeliac disease
- Cushing's syndrome
Actualizado por última vez: abr 09, 2013