- Most symptomatic coccidioidal infections are mild to severe episodes of pneumonia caused by Coccidioides species.
- Extrapulmonary infection in sites such as skin, soft tissue, or skeletal or central nervous system occurs infrequently.
- Common symptoms include fever, headache, dry cough, myalgia, and arthralgia, and may be accompanied by a rash.
- Treatment ranges from close observation without medical treatment in mild cases, to medical therapy, primarily with azole antifungals in more severe episodes.
- Azole antifungal therapy is generally well tolerated, with few adverse events; alternative treatments are rarely required.
วันที่ปรับปรุง: เม.ย. 25, 2013