- Defined as BP greater than 140/90 mmHg.
- Typically diagnosed by screening of an asymptomatic individual.
- Treatment of uncontrolled HTN reduces the risks of mortality and of cardiac, vascular, renal, or cerebrovascular complications.
- Lifestyle changes are recommended for all patients: weight loss, exercise, decreased sodium intake, and moderation of alcohol consumption.
- Choice of drug therapy is often driven by considerations related to comorbid disease, but achievement of BP goal supersedes choice of therapeutic agent(s).
Other related conditions
- Assessment of hypertension
- Overview of acute coronary syndrome
- Overview of stroke
- Chronic congestive heart failure
- Aortic dissection
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Metabolic syndrome
- Overview of diabetes
- Obesity in adults
- Chronic renal failure
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Assessment of dementia
- Primary aldosteronism
最后更新于： 一月 17, 2013