- A human papilloma virus (HPV)-related malignancy, preventable by HPV vaccination, screening, and treatment of high-grade dysplasia.
- Papanicolaou test (Pap smear) screening followed by colposcopy may diagnose pre-invasive disease.
- Locally advanced disease may present with bleeding, discharge, pain, or obstructive uropathy.
- Staging is clinical, and does not incorporate lymph node evaluation or imaging results, but increasingly uses MRI to evaluate local extent of disease, and PET to screen for metastases.
- For pre-invasive disease (i.e., carcinoma in situ) treatment with loop electrosurgical excision procedure or conisation has good cure rates and can preserve fertility.
- For early stage invasive disease, surgery is recommended.
- For locally advanced disease, chemoradiotherapy is significantly superior to radiotherapy alone.
最後更新於: 八月 21, 2012