- Epidemic disease prevalent worldwide whose incidence has been curtailed markedly in countries where immunisation is widespread.
- Characterised by cough, coryza, conjunctivitis, a characteristic exanthem, and a pathognomonic enanthem (Koplik's spots).
- Preventable by immunisation but high levels of coverage are required to prevent outbreaks of disease from occurring.
- No specific treatment for measles is available except for supportive care.
- Complications of measles are more common in immunocompromised and poorly nourished individuals and include pneumonia, laryngotracheitis, otitis media, and encephalitis.
:به روز شده بتاریخ Thu May 09 00:00:00 UTC 2013