- Incidence increasing along with number of patients who are overweight or obese.
- Associated with increased cardiovascular risk.
- May cause acute pancreatitis when fasting levels >5.7 mmol/L (500 mg/dL).
- Treatment includes lifestyle modification for all patients.
- Statins are generally first-line pharmacotherapy in patients with triglycerides <5.69 mmol/L (<500 mg/dL) in the presence of ≥2 cardiac risk factors.
- Fibric acid derivatives, fish oils, and/or nicotinic acid may be added to statins, to achieve targets, in patients with triglycerides <5.69 mmol/L (<500 mg/dL), or as first-line therapy in those with triglycerides ≥5.69 mmol/L (≥500 mg/dL).
最后更新于： 四月 25, 2013