- Infection of blood or other normally sterile sites with Candida species; usually in association with fever, hypotension, and/or leukocytosis.
- Major risk factors are use of central venous catheters, exposure to broad-spectrum antibiotics, and neutropenia.
- Blood cultures are only 70% to 80% sensitive in diagnosis.
- Treatment should be started within 24 hours of diagnosis to improve outcome. Fluconazole or echinocandins are first-line choices.
- Ophthalmological examination is required in all patients with candidaemia.
最後更新於: 十一月 06, 2012