- The most common form, inflammatory arthritis, is characterised by symmetric arthritis of the small joints of the hands and feet.
- A chronic, erosive arthritis that requires early and aggressive treatment.
- Diagnosed clinically. Laboratory and radiographic testing provide prognostic information more often than diagnostic information.
- Methotrexate is the anchor drug for the treatment of RA.
- Disease activity scores (e.g., 28 joint count version of disease activity score [DAS28], clinical disease activity index [CDAI], simplified disease activity index [SDAI], routine assessment patient index data [RAPID3]) are used routinely to provide optimum care for RA patients.
Other related conditions
Last updated: Jul 26, 2012