- Generalised disorder that can affect any system.
- Most commonly affects women during their reproductive years.
- Symptoms and signs may accumulate over time.
- The diagnosis is made using criteria recommended by the American College of Rheumatology.
- Treatments for mild to moderate serositis or arthritis include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), hydroxychloroquine, or corticosteroids. Treatments for more severe disease may include cyclophosphamide or mycophenolate mofetil plus corticosteroids.
Last updated: May 22, 2012