- Acne may affect any age group, but it is most common in adolescents.
- Lesions consist of non-inflammatory comedones (whiteheads and blackheads) and inflammatory papules, pustules, nodules, and cysts.
- Severity ranges from mild comedonal acne to severe nodulocystic acne, which can be permanently disfiguring.
- Systemic effects may also be present with acne fulminans, a rare variant.
- Treatments include topical retinoids, keratolytics, and antibiotics; more severe inflammatory lesions may require oral antibiotics; severe nodulocystic acne may require oral isotretinoin.
Letzte Aktualisierung am: Okt 15, 2012